When I was going through the decision process of what kitchen appliances to take in the travel trailer I decided an Instant Pot was one of the best things I could get. It has mutiple functions in one appliance: Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yogurt Maker, Steamer & Warmer.
Here it is on my counter top extension and ready to make Thai pasta.
I had never used a pressure cooker before so I bought it a few months before hitting the road so I could figure out how to use it. It’s become one of my favorite appliances. Some of the things I’ve made:
- Hard boiled eggs in 5 minutes that almost peel themselves
- The best shredded chicken ever (and you can use it SO many ways)
- 5 minute Thai pasta
- Chicken enchilada soup – pressure cooker infuses the flavor
- Boiled white potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Turkey breast for Thanksgiving
- Homemade cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving (it was easy and awesome)
I’ve been so busy learning the pressure cooker aspect that I haven’t tried it as a slow cooker yet. I will have to buy the slow cooker lid soon so I can try that out.
And no, no one paid me to write this post. I bought my Instant Pot (before the prices came down :-()and will purchase the lid myself. I just wanted anyone with a small cooking area to know what a great appliance this is.